[Mediawiki-l] Registration merging / template mods / transferring articles

Jot Powers misc at bofh.com
Wed Jan 5 20:50:38 UTC 2005

> >>3) I've been transferring articles by hand from WikiPedia to my GenWiki,
> >>but am wondering if there's a better way. I've looked at the WikiPedia's
> >>data dump downloads instruction pages, but frankly they don't make it seem
> >>too easy, especially if I'm using a remote web server that I don't admin.

[*snip*]

I've looked around checked the FAQ, Googled, and this is the
closest I've seen to a question I have.  Is there an easy way
(ie programatically) to import a lot of information INTO a wiki
from another source?  I promise to document the answer in the metawiki.  :)

I have a wiki set up internally for company documentation and I'd like
to grab the data from the current documentation site, and plug it
into the Wiki.  Special:Import has been hard to understand how this
might work.  I'm fine with spidering my existing site with wget or
something similar, but how to get those files into the Wiki easily
has escaped me.

I'm running 1.3.7 on an internal network on a Linux box.

TIA.

-Jot

--
Jot Powers 	<misc at bofh.com>