[Mediawiki-l] Block User Name Only

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Feb 28 12:14:55 UTC 2005

Plamen Gradinarov wrote:
> Well, neither do I know the changing IPs of the User, nor would I
> want to ban the IP which might be shared by other users. The only way
> I see is to delete the user registration from DB.

Did you look at the configuration options available in
DefaultSettings.php? These sound relevant:

$wgSysopUserBans        = false; # Allow sysops to ban logged-in users
$wgSysopRangeBans       = false; # Allow sysops to ban IP ranges
$wgDefaultBlockExpiry	= '24 hours'; # default expiry time
                                 # strtotime format, or "infinite" for
an infinite block
$wgAutoblockExpiry		= 86400; # Number of seconds before autoblock
entries expire

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)