[Mediawiki-l] conversion from PMWiki to MediaWiki

Evan Prodromou evan at bad.dynu.ca
Mon Feb 28 05:20:24 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-26-02 at 13:57 -0800, Eric Appleton wrote:

> Hello everyone. I'm wondering if there is a way to
> convert an existing wiki from PMWiki to MediaWiki?
> It's a not a very big site, so it may be better to do
> it by hand, but I'm wondering what's possible.

If it's not a very big site, why are you converting?

Really, think twice about changing. I'm saying this as someone with
experience with both pieces of software -- and a MediaWiki developer!
MediaWiki is hard to maintain, practically impossible to extend, and
really difficult to skin. It's not made for you to use -- it's made for
Wikimedia.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou