[Mediawiki-l] WikiTex's for math (other TeX) rendering

Jonathan Pennington penningj at engr.orst.edu
Fri Feb 25 20:37:37 UTC 2005

So does MediaWiki catch a <math> tag, even if $wgUseTex is disabled?
I've commented that line out of LocalSettings.php and tried to use
WikiTex to render my mathematics and I get the actuall text printed to
the screen (example at http://pyarie.sf.net/index.php/Sandbox/). I
wonder if that's because MediaWiki catches the <math> tag before it can
be processed by WikiTex?

By the way, WikiTex is pretty amazing. For those looking to render other
types of TeX based output (there was a message a bit ago about it), you
should check this out. There's even a package to translate into J.R.R.
Tolkien's Elvish script. Pretty crazy!

Cheers,
-JW
--
JW Pennington	| My Mind Map:http://oregonstate.edu/~penningj/
Masters Student: Bioresource Engineering & Geosciences