[Mediawiki-l] List of parsers for MediaWiki markup

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 19:57:15 UTC 2005

Somebody was asking on IRC earlier about what parsers there are for
MediaWiki's brand of wikitext, other than the bits of the MediaWiki
code that do it (which I suggested would be pretty painful to seperate
from the rest of it).

As I thought about it, and looked around, I realised that there were
actually quite a few of these about, mostly in unfinished states, but
generally usable for simple tasks and/or as the basis for somebody
else's attempt. So, as an attempt to minimise duplication of effort, I
thought I'd make a list of what was out there.

This is therefore both an announcement that I've started the list, and
an invitation for anyone who knows of something I've missed/got wrong
to add it in/correct it. I hope this proves useful for someone
someday.

The list is at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Alternative_parsers

--
Rowan Collins BSc