[Mediawiki-l] Problem loading index.php externally

Matt C matt at 30throad.com
Thu Feb 24 15:19:41 UTC 2005

This is how I have it set up at the moment.

Registrar (GoDaddy): knowyourmac.com   -- forwards to -->
knowyourmac.webhop.net

Dyndns.Org: knowyourmac.webhop.net     -- webhops to -->
knowyourmac.homeip.net/~emilymatt/kym/wiki/
(and then knowyourmac.homeip.net points to my home dynamic IP address.)

I just worked out that I NEED that trailing "/" in the redirect for it
to work. If it's missed out, the redirect won't work.

So, yes, I can now specify a page in the wiki by giving an address like
http://knowyourmac.com/index.php/Previous_OS_versions

(although personally I would quite like to get rid of that "index.php"
part and just have knowyourmac.com/Page_Name...)

I realise the setup is probably more complicated than it needs to be -
I'll look into moving my domain to dyndns to bring down the number of
hops...

Thanks
Matt