[Mediawiki-l] Mystic search behaviour

Thu Feb 24 09:27:52 UTC 2005

Hi again,

I just figured out some more about this behavior. My Linux page contained

--- snip ---
; source code patchen
: patch < patch.diff
: patch -p 0 < ../patch.diff
: -p 0 ist wichtig, falls der patch nicht im selben Verzeichnis liegt wie die
zu patchende Datei. Zur Not einfach andere Zahlen als 0 ausprobieren...
--- snap ---

and many lines later

--- snip ---
; proftp aus dem Autostart nehmen
<pre>
uhland01:/etc# rm rc0.d/K50proftpd
uhland01:/etc# rm rc1.d/K50proftpd
uhland01:/etc# rm rc2.d/S50proftpd
uhland01:/etc# rm rc3.d/S50proftpd
uhland01:/etc# rm rc4.d/S50proftpd
uhland01:/etc# rm rc5.d/S50proftpd
uhland01:/etc# rm rc6.d/K50proftpd
uhland01:/etc# init.d/proftpd stop
</pre>
--- snap ---

But in the searchindex table appeared only

--- snip ---
source code patchen patch uhland01 etc# rm rc0 d k50proftpd uhland01 etc# rm
rc1 d k50proftpd uhland01 etc# rm rc2 d s50proftpd uhland01 etc# rm rc3 d
s50proftpd uhland01 etc# rm rc4 d s50proftpd uhland01 etc# rm rc5 d
s50proftpd uhland01 etc# rm rc6 d k50proftpd uhland01 etc# init d proftpd
stop ---- ;
--- snap ---

That is, anything between ": patch <" and "<pre>uhland01" is missing! And in
this missing area there was my "iptraf" search query...

I would consider this as a bug, but maybe it's a feature?

- Moritz