[Mediawiki-l] (Newbie) Install problem declaring class namespace
al.b at ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 13:11:47 UTC 2005
I get the following error when I try and install a WIKI on a new site.
MediaWiki 1.4rc1 installation
* PHP 4.3.10: ok
* PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs
* Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
* PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
* Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
* Turck MMCache not installed, can't use object caching functions
* Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image thumbnailing
* Installation directory: /a/[snip]/home/[snip]/public_html/wiki
* Script URI path: /wiki
* Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class namespace in
/a/[snip]/home/[snip]/public_html/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on line
I have previously *tried* to install a wiki. Older versions throw back
even more errors (but all of roughly the same form). Newer versions
merely throw back the namespace class error.
Is there a particular reason for this? If there is not one specific
reason,can anyone suggest how I go about finding out where the problem
lies? I'm on a fairly steep learning curve here, and clear help would
p.s. the [snips] are me being aware that I don't know enough about
security yet :)
More information about the MediaWiki-l