[Mediawiki-l] edittoken not valid when using php-fcgi

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Feb 22 23:23:40 UTC 2005

Philipp Albig wrote:
> When doing so, there's a problem with the edittoken.
> It seems to be unvalid when sending back the changes of an article.
> Instead of saving, the preview is shown. (When I change line 76 in
> editpage.php, so that it's alway true, it works.)
>
> When using php(apache) all is fine.
>
> Any ideas how to solve that or where could be the reason?

Do login sessions generally work on your server? Is this a single server
or a server farm? Do you have to click 'remember my password' when
logging in to get a login to stick?

If you have problems such as the above, try setting the session path to
a directory under your control; look up past posts on this list about
SourceForge project hosting which has serious PHP session problems.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)