[Mediawiki-l] Anybody get 1.3.11 working?

Muzaffer Ozakca mozakca at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 22 18:12:58 UTC 2005

I do use CVS but never have time to invest to learn all uses of it. If I
have to, I will learn how to back up an earlier version. On the other hand,
it's a shame that we don't have a simpler and usable front-end to CVS (or a
completely new versioning system). I used WinCVS before and not very
satisfied with it and prefer doing editing on our linux box.

I'm not a MS person and have a lot of Unix experience but I would still
prefer using Sourcesafe over CVS (however much it sucks, it's much easier to
use). For example, I don't want to look up a version number to get a diff in
CVS, I would much prefer to point and click in this situation. Getting a
diff and understanding it shouldn't be so overwhelming. The output of diff
on *nixes is still cryptic for me and so I usually do it on my windows using
a side by side diff tool.

Well, having said that I still don't know why my 1.3.11 doesn't work. I will
back up some changes one by one today and see where it gets stuck.

Thanks for listening :)