[Mediawiki-l] Getting non-object error in Title::newFromText

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:54:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:15:04 -0500, John Straffin
<john.straffin at duke.edu> wrote:
> Error:
> Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
> /var/www/html/internal/wiki/includes/Title.php on line 1196
[...]
>          $t = $wgContLang->ucfirst( $r );   # # # # # # <== LINE 1196

>From the error message, it's not the $r that's the problem, but the
$wgContLang - the code is saying "perform member function ucfirst of
object $wgContLang", but it doesn't know what $wgContLang is.

Are you perhaps performing this code sequence so far up that the
global hasn't been defined yet? Double-guessing what you might be
doing, I figure you just might be - $wgContLang is created in
Setup.php, line 277; this appears to be *after* the user object is
created, which looks like being what you're trying to modify.

Without knowing more about your code, or indeed the exact way things
work, I can't suggest anything very specific, but I guess you'll have
to try a slightly different approach.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]