[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki very slow in Firefox vs IE

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Feb 21 08:17:50 UTC 2005

Nic Suzor wrote:
 > I changed it because I couldn't figure out why some
> links would display as http://siteroot/link while others would display
> as http://siteroot/index.phplink. For example, the discussion link on
> the main page correctly reads http://wikijuris.net/Talk:Main_Page, but
> the edit link shows
> http://wikijuris.net/index.phpMain_Page?title=Main_Page&action=edit

Well that's certainly unusual...

>     #---Rewrite rule changes
>     $wgScriptPath       = "";
>     $wgScript           = "/index.php";
>     $wgRedirectScript   = '/redirect.php';
>     $wgUploadPath       = '/images';
>     $wgArticlePath      = "/$1";
>     #--

I copied these exact settings into my 1.4 test wiki, and I'm getting
normal-looking links (eg /index.php?title=Main_Page&action=edit)

Have you made any changes to Title::getLocalURL() in Title.php? Try
adding in some debug statements or something to make sure the variables
are what they look like they should be. I really can't see how you could
be getting this output unless that function had been altered.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)