[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki very slow in Firefox vs IE

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Feb 21 08:09:31 UTC 2005

Jan Steinman wrote:
> On 20 Feb 2005, at 22:20, Brion Vibber wrote:
>
>> Make sure $wgScript is set to "/index.php".
>

> When I do that, I get ugly links. When I don't do that, I get pretty
> links (no index.php) but things are slow.

Regular article links always use $wgArticlePath, which has a replacement
parameter in it (the $1). These can be made "pretty" in various ways.

Links with additional data parameters use $wgScript directly and tack on
the parameters one by one. These are always going to be "ugly" in one
way or another.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)