[Mediawiki-l] Trouble disabling IP address display and "Talk for this IP" links.

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Sat Feb 19 05:06:48 UTC 2005

I have set up a MediaWiki 1.3.10 install, and I am trying to disable the
display of IP addresses for users who are not logged in.

I have set $wgDisableAnonTalk = true, but the IP address and "Talk for this
IP" link still shows up when you try to login and fail.  I have even had my
PHP guru go in and edit several functions, remove text....  He cannot get the
link to disappear.

I notice that wiki.mozilla.org as well as meta.wikimedia.org both have this
feature enabled and working perfectly.  Does anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Hîn