[Mediawiki-l] Caching is making me crazy...

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Fri Feb 18 21:27:48 UTC 2005

On 18 Feb 2005, at 13:20, Brion Vibber wrote:

> Jan Steinman wrote:
>> How can I mark an article as "dirty" in an extension, so it will
>> refresh
>> every time?
>
> There's not a standard way of doing this, and you really shouldn't.
> Pages should expect to be rendered the same time every time they're
> loaded unless something they explicitly pull in has changed (such as
> template inclusions), and extensions should not break this model.

I think that SEVERELY limits the usefulness of extensions, then!

In effect, it makes MediaWiki the equivalent of static HMTL pages --
except for the editing part.

I'm going to either have to do something about that, or divert stuff
out to standard php pages. Ugh.

:::: Conflict cannot survive without your participation. -- Wayne Dyer
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>