[Mediawiki-l] batch image upload

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:27:58 UTC 2005

I asked a similar question a few days ago, and got no response.

Pywikimediabot looks like it's a framework for writing http client
bots which manipulate a wiki.

What I'm looking for is a start on writing server side tools instead
of  client bots.

I've already got a lot of image files on the server where my wiki is
running which I'd like to "upload" without going through the web
interface.  What I've got in mind is a tool which I can give a list of
image files to, and which will move or copy  them to the right place,
and do the sql work to build the image pages.  The image description
could be a simple default, or might come from an auxiliary file which
I could make up with a text editor, and then let the tool run while
I'm taking a nap <G>.

Has anyone done anything like this, or anything with server side
mediawiki tools in general?