[Mediawiki-l] batch image upload

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Fri Feb 18 15:38:08 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 16:27, Bart Q. Simon wrote:
> However the
> fact that I already have it running and have (finally) convinced people
> it's an excellent piece of software means I'd really like to try :).

ok, there is always a way ... wiki is maybe not the easiest way, but there
is always the possibility to write extensions ;-)

what about a script on the server that generates your gallery pages? you
can upload the images using ftp or scp and then start the script remotely
that generates your "gallery" ... and if you use perl, you can make it a
nice cgi-script without any shell needed ... or make it a cron-job that
runs at midnight or something like this

just an idea,

good luck with your project,

Damir Perisa