[Mediawiki-l] Help for a new mediawiki installation

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:18:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:02:03 +0100, Alessandro Ronchi
<alessandro.ronchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean by this - is the string "Wikipedia"
> > appearing somewhere in the interface? If so, find the appropriate
> > message(s) using [[Special:Allmessages]], and edit it/them to use
> > "{{SITENAME}}" instead (or customise them however you like).
>
> Yes, it's the problem. There's a lot of Wikipedia and FDL strings
> (that's not my default license, I use CC Attribution-Sharealike)
> How can I edit them?

Like I say, go to [[Special:allmessages]] to find where the problems
are, and follow the links to the appropriate "MediaWiki:" pages. You
can just edit them like any other page on the wiki, but they're
"protected" by default, so you have to be logged in with a "sysop"
account first.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]