[Mediawiki-l] Microsoft and CSS (AAARRRGGGHHH!!!)

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Feb 16 19:15:15 UTC 2005

On 16 Feb 2005, at 11:01, N. M. Buzdor wrote:

>> If you try this and get either result, please reply privately and note
>> your OS version and browser application and version. Thanks!
>
> I got a JavaScript error before I saw the page.  "Line 3."  I think
> it's
> because the system is sending out the main page instead of the raw
> JavaScript for the call on line 18.  But the login link is below the
> image.
> Windows 2000, IE6.0.2800.1106.

Damn. Thanks. I'll try to figure it out. Although that will be tough
without any Microsoft products...

I'm glad to hear the link is below the banner, though. I didn't change
anything from the monobook skin except transparency and offsets in
skins/[copy of monobook]/main.css and skins/[copy of monobook].php, so
I'm not looking forward to figuring out why it broke ONLY FOR
MICROSOFT!

:::: ECONOMIST: a person who, upon encountering an auditorium
containing 40,000 destitute, unemployed people and Bill Gates, says,
“On average, I see a room full of millionaires!”
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>