[Mediawiki-l] Optimization of Rewriting Rules?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Feb 16 17:33:46 UTC 2005

On 16 Feb 2005, at 08:33, Martin Steiger wrote:

> Right now, I'm using the following working rewriting rules...

Is there any particular reason you used RewriteRules instead of Alias?

I'm more comfortable with the Alias approach, and it seems to be
working fine. I implemented both it and RewriteRules and timed both.
With five trials each, throwing out the outliers and averaging the
middle three, Alias was 15% faster. (Obviously not a scientific or
exhaustive benchmark -- YMMV.)

<http://www.IslandSeeds.org/wiki> (This is a 350Mhz machine, so have
some patience... :-)

:::: Base 8 is just like base 10, if you are missing two fingers. - Tom
Lehrer
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/003AA08>