[Mediawiki-l] <sort> Tag ?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Feb 16 17:23:03 UTC 2005

> is there something like a <sort>-Tag in Mediawiki?

Sounds like a job for an extension. Sounds like a couple hours of work
max if you know your way around PHP and Unix.

Look at wiki/extensions/Template.php. Wire in Unix sort(1) using PHP
system('sort ...') and Bob's Your Uncle. Spend the rest of the time
fretting about security issues.

If you're using Windows instead of some flavor of Unix, you have my
deepest sympathy. Re-partition and install Linux and life will be
simpler.

:::: Nothing  will replace what we are burning up quickly now. Every
possible  replacement has problems which have received little
publicity. -- Dr. Kenneth Watt
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>