[Mediawiki-l] <sort> Tag ?

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:54:09 UTC 2005

> Hi,
>
> is there something like a <sort>-Tag in Mediawiki? I have a list of links in
> my Wiki, and I'd like so have them sorted without doing much, eg like

No. Try copying them into a text-editor and getting that to do it,
and/or using something like the *nix 'sort' command - I notice in vim,
I can select a block of text and type ":!sort" (or rather
":'<,'>!sort", but it fills in the rest for me). I remember writing a
series of very specific Perl scripts to sort whole pages, and give
them nice headings and consistent formatting. In the past I've used
MSWord's ability to sort a table to do similar tasks.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]