[Mediawiki-l] misuse of wiki content

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:12:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:39:21 +0000, Jason Davies <ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> maybe you all know about this but a google search just now gave me this
> page
>
> http://www.mvsell.com/MV1/Project%20Files/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> wikipedia_glossary.html

Evil though this seemed on first sight, I think there may be a
[fairly] innocent explanation. That site *does* carry a mirror of
Wikipedia content, but not at that location - click "Encyclopedia" at
the bottom; ok, so it's on a different domain, but maybe they just
reorganised and didn't bother with redirects, so something's out of
date somewhere? (Note also that *anything* after the /MV1/ will bring
up that same page)

What were you searching *for* when you turned this up? Asking Google
link:www.mvsell.com/MV1/Project%20Files/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wikipedia_glossary.html
turned up nothing linking to such an address, so I don't quite
understand why Google would think it existed.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]