[Mediawiki-l] My Newbie question

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:57:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:38:58 -0500, Aldon Hynes <ahynes1 at optonline.net> wrote:
> Hopefully there is a really easy way to do this, and I've just failed to
> find in the documentation how to do it...
>
> Is there any way to set up a page so that it lists information that people
> contribute, as well as provides a listing of all the pages that link to it.

If I understand rightly what you're describing here, it's more or less
the purpose of the Category system [1] - note particularly that each
category has an introductory text attached to it, which is then
followed by something like a prettified Whatlinkshere listing.

You may also want to look at the recent thread on customising the way
these pages look [2] [3] [4]

==> Refs <==
[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Category
[2] http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2005-February/003462.html