[Mediawiki-l] Re: Re: Re: Help for a new mediawiki installation

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Mon Feb 14 20:50:52 UTC 2005

On 14 Feb 2005, at 12:38, Brion Vibber wrote:

> Jan Steinman wrote:
>> What I wanted to do was more drastic: to only allow one skin.

Doh! (Sound of palm slapping forehead.)

Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to figure out.

But I had to hack SpecialPreferences.php anyway, as I added a bunch of
fields to User to make it a general-purpose membership database. And my
audience is particularly unsophisticated, so I removed a bunch of stuff
besides the choice of skins.

"The kind of crazy you get from too much choice..." -- Joni Mitchell

:::: Sex is hereditary. If your parents never had it, chances are you
won’t either. -- Joseph Fischer
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>