[Mediawiki-l] Re: Additions to QuickBar

Jonathan Pennington penningj at engr.orst.edu
Sun Feb 13 16:39:40 UTC 2005

Kate Turner wrote:
> you can do it like this.  alternatively, you can use the new (1.4)
> $wgNavigationLinks configuration setting; see
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Quickbar#Changing_the_makeup_of_the_Quickbar_by_altering_.24wgNavigationLinks
> doing it this way is more likely to not break when you upgrade (because you
> don't need to modify any source files); however, it's slightly less
> flexible.

Kate,
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that about MonoBook.pt. Unfortunately, changing
the $wgNavigationLinks configuration (which I have also done) doesn't
seem to give me a way to add the linked button images of SourceForge
(and the donation button from SF) at the bottom of all of the quickbar
stuff. That's why it seemed I had to manually edit the source to get
what I have at http://pyarie.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
-JW
--
JW Pennington	| My Mind Map:http://oregonstate.edu/~penningj/
Masters Student: Bioresource Engineering & Geosciences