[Mediawiki-l] creating new articles

Tor Kinlok tor at superman.ws
Sun Feb 13 14:18:58 UTC 2005

Hi -

I'm new to the list and new to wikimedia.  Sorry if this is a simple
question - but I've read through the online documentation and can't
seem to find any info about this.

I recently installed 1.4b6 "out of the box" and am trying to figure out
a way to make it easy for my users to create new articles.

On en.wikipedia.org, if a user searches for something but there is no
match, "create an article with this title" and "put up a request for
it" links show up on the results page.

But on my installation, there is no easy way (that I've been able to
find) to create new articles other than the direct-URL method.

Is there any way to turn this on somewhere, or do I need to do custom
coding?

Thanks!

- Tor