[Mediawiki-l] using external user database

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Fri Feb 11 03:31:53 UTC 2005

On 10 Feb 2005, at 18:20, Feantur wrote:

> Could you please provide some pointers where I'd have to look in the
> source to
> make MediaWiki read/write userdata (with that I mean things like
> password,
> username etc.) from the table using my table's structure?

Look at includes/User.php. It seems to be fairly well encapsulated
there. But I don't think it will be simple.

I took a different approach, and extended the mw_users table with the
additional user data I needed. It took a lot of changes to User.php and
SpecialPreferences.php, but it's working now. Users can update their
own address, phone, etc. info.

:::: Freedom of the commons brings ruin to all. -- Garrett Hardin
:::: Jan Steinman (a fossil-fuel free zone!)
<http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>