[Mediawiki-l] Safe mode

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Feb 9 20:17:11 UTC 2005

On 9 Feb 2005, at 03:39, Evan Prodromou wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 12:05 -0800, Jan Steinman wrote:
>
>> But keep in mind that since MediaWiki stores images in a
>> database, [...]
>
> Don't keep that in mind; it's not true. Put that out of mind.
>
> MediaWiki stores some image metadata in the database, but the actual
> image blob is stored externally, in the "upload" dir.

Oh, I thought that was just a cache, but I see that the mw_image table
has no image data blob.

(Mine is in the "images" directory, not upload. It appears to be a
hashed directory structure, which is why I didn't notice my images were
there.)

Sorry for the misinformation!

:::: My parents went on a long vacation in their SUV,
::::    and all I got was a year in Iraq.
::::    CORRECTION: 18 months, the last six against my will...
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99BA01>