[Mediawiki-l] How to tweak xhtml_slim.pt?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Feb 9 20:10:06 UTC 2005

Rusty Shackleford wrote:
> I've made some changes to xhtml_slim.pt -- in particular I want to add a
> right-hand-side column to the page with links to other material.
>
> Right now, it seems like none of my edits to xhtml_slim.pt have any
> effect, even after restarting apache.

Remember wiki pages are cached, so make sure you're loading new pages or
really forcing a reload. Try clearing your browser cache. Try tests with
a preview or a special page that's not cacheable.

Also remember that some parts of the xhtml_slim.pt are "just for show";
their contents are replaced by real text at runtime and will never, ever
be seen.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)