[Mediawiki-l] Re: resetting the sysop password

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 18:23:27 UTC 2005

>I used that technique to set a common initial password for 83 users
>that were loaded directly into the mw_user table. (These are
>unsophisticated users who will have enough trouble typing their name
>and the common password into the login screen, let alone creating
>their own accounts.

I'm facing doing that soon. Are you saying you can do a great load of
them in one go? (with the mac software you mentioned)

I got the hang of HTML, then stopped doing websites. I got the hang of
GREP then stopped needing it. I got the hang of LaTeX but have no time
to write. Now i am learning about wikis and php and MySQL...sigh....