[Mediawiki-l] Re: resetting the sysop password

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 17:58:17 UTC 2005

>I'd go edit the database table directly. it should not be too tricky
>if you have phpmyadmin installed.

I'm snarled up with territorial issues on accessing stuff (ie the
directories in which the database is stored) so i'm not even sure I can
do this myself! But someone, somewhere, can...I'm trying to get them to
let me access it directly. So i don't know if it is installed, but I
imagine it is...

So you can just edit the database? Someone looked at that and said the
password was encrypted. if he just removes it and then enters another
one in plain text - will that work?

thanks for response...