[Mediawiki-l] Re: How to make external links open a new window?

Ira Abramov lists-MediaWiki-l at ira.abramov.org
Wed Feb 9 08:35:06 UTC 2005

Quoting Jan Steinman, from the post of Tue, 08 Feb:
> My convention for sites I do is to make links that go off-site open a
> new window. Is there a simple way to do this? If not a simple way,
> where should I begin?

AFAIR Brion is against dictating that to the users (though some very
good poits were raised in favor in a past discussion on this very
subject). my view is that it's not too bad to leave this decision to the
user (or rather his browser). for instance I use FireFox on both Linux
and Windows and I always set links to a different site to open in a new
background tab, because that's the way (aha aha) I like it. I would not
want to force this on my users if they don't.

--
The X Factor
Ira Abramov