[Mediawiki-l] Safe mode

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Feb 8 20:05:25 UTC 2005

On 8 Feb 2005, at 10:54, Lorenzo Breda wrote:

> On my website I must have the SafeMode on. Is there a way to upload
> files with the SafeMode on?

Sorry to sound glib, but it wouldn't be "safe" then, would it?

I think the only way to implement such a policy would be to hack the
code. But keep in mind that since MediaWiki stores images in a
database, allowing uploads possibly exposes you to SQL injection hacks.

:::: Beware of the military-industrial complex. -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>