[Mediawiki-l] Making a user an sysop

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 23:32:42 UTC 2005

>Could you expound on where this is located?
>
>How do I make a user a Sysop?
>
>Goto: Special:Makesysop

and in earlier versions? We're running 1.3.1. Getting it upgraded
involves a lot of people so i have been putting itoff.

We've finally been spammed. So now i need to restrict changes to users
who i have put on the system and no-one else - shame.... i think this
has been discussed recently but have not had time to get my head round
it properly. is there a short and sweet version? (please say if an
upgrade is the simplest route...)

(how come this doesn't happen to the Wikipedia? or does it?)

cheers