[Mediawiki-l] Using CVS to upgrade?

Muzaffer Ozakca mozakca at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:34:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

We have a 1.3.9 installation and we're going to upgrade it to 1.3.10 soon.
But we made some changes in the source code here and there and doing diffs
and copying would be cumbersome. I wonder if anybody found an easier way.

I was thinking maybe we can use CVS to merge these two versions, I'm not a
CVS guru, all I do is checkouts and checkins from our local CVS (lazy me). I
was wondering if this approach would work:

1. Check out our version of 1.3.9 into dir A and dir B
2. Untar 1.3.10 into B
3. Check in A
4. Update in B and hope CVS merged two versions

Would this work? This question is not directly related to mediawiki, hope
it's not against conventions.

Thanks.