[Mediawiki-l] User can't stay logged in

Jonathan Pennington penningj at engr.orst.edu
Mon Feb 7 08:01:10 UTC 2005

I'm trying to build a mediawiki page on the Sourceforge servers
(project: Pyarie). I've got the problem that whenever I log in, either
as an account or as WikiSysop, I can't stay logged in. If I go to
another page, it seems to log me out. Then, and most interesting, if I

For instance, I was able to log in as WikiSysop, edit my preferences and
then when I went to Main Page, I was suddenly not logged in. So I logged
in under a user account, went to a page that I previously saw as
WikiSysop, and I suddenly WAS WikiSysop- I tested it by editing a page.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Mediawiki or my setup (likely the
latter.). I've repeated the behaviour with the current stable and the
latest beta version both.

I'm using Firefox 1.0, no extensions and I've played with cookies and
caching and it does the same thing regardless of setting. Again, this is
on the sourceforge servers with a clean install of mediawiki. I even
deleted all the tables and tried to start from scratch and the same
thing happend.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Cheers,
-JW
--
JW Pennington	| My Mind Map:http://oregonstate.edu/~penningj/
Masters Student: Bioresource Engineering & Geosciences