[Mediawiki-l] "Illegal mix of collations" on a 1.4beta6 installation on Windows
lekktu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 00:54:42 UTC 2005
I'm trying the following setup:
- Windows XP SP2
- MediaWiki 1.4beta6
- Apache 2.0.52
- MySQL 4.1.9
- PHP 5.0.3
So far it's been a rough ride. I had to change the default charset of
MySQL from utf-8 to latin1; otherwise I got asorted errors during
setup; basically MySQL complained that the cl_sortkey index for the
categorylinks table was more than 1024 bytes long. After I tweaked
maintenance/tables.sql to get pass that, the build script created the
database and the tables all right, and crashed just afterwards, but
only when using a table prefix.
Anyway, setting "default-character-set=latin1" in my.ini cured all
that, and I've got a working (and very nice) MediaWiki installation.
But now I'm getting a weird error. I create a page (in this case,
User:Juanma/monobook.css, but I don't think that's relevant), I delete
it, and when clicking on the "deletion log" link (Special:Log/delete)
or on "View or restore 1 delete edits"
(Special:Undelete/User:Juanma/monobook.css) , I get the following
------------ error starts here -------------
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug
in the software. The last attempted database query was:
SELECT log_type, log_action, log_timestamp, log_user, user_name,
log_namespace, log_title, cur_id, log_comment, log_params FROM `user`,
`logging` LEFT OUTER JOIN `cur` ON log_namespace=cur_namespace AND
log_title=cur_title WHERE user_id=log_user AND log_type='delete' AND
log_namespace=2 AND log_title='Juanma/monobook.css' ORDER BY
log_timestamp DESC LIMIT 0,50
from within function "". MySQL returned error "1267: Illegal mix of
collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) for
operation '=' (localhost)".
------------ error ends here -------------
I'm really puzzled by the "ltin1_swedish_ci", because my local, if
anything, would be Spanish...
More information about the MediaWiki-l