[Mediawiki-l] Question to 1.4 installation

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Feb 5 06:41:07 UTC 2005

Sabine Cretella wrote:
> Replying to my own mail: I tried to install in another subdirectory
>
> http://www.wesolveitnet.com/wsiwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Ah great, the previous URLs you sent returned 404 not found errors, but
this one is working.

The server is returning bogus Last-Modified headers, which is likely to
cause caching problems:
   Last-Modified: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

This is certainly unusual, I've never seen it before.

> http://wesolveitnet.com/maiori/index.php?title=Main_Page
> with 1.3.7 I don't have these problems.

The Last-Modified header seems correct here.

Can you tell us anything about your server configuration that might be
relevant? Any unusual PHP settings? Operating system? etc? I notice that
PHP is in CGI mode which is not customary, though this _ought_ not
produce the effect being seen.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)