[Mediawiki-l] problem after running config/index.php

Thomas Tschoellitsch thomas.tschoellitsch at stud.meduni-graz.at
Thu Feb 3 12:10:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I tried installing MediaWiki 1.3.9 as downloaded from sourceforge.net on a MySQL
3.x/PHP 4.x system under Linux.

I uploaded the already decompressed files via ftp, went to config/ and filled in
the form. PHP is in safe mode so I followed the recommendation of chmodding the
images/ directory to 666 (world writeable) for the installation. I also changed
the config/ dir to be world writeable and then submitted the form.

The result was a blank page - and a created LocalSettings.php in config/ which I
moved to the MediaWiki root. I checked whether the database had been changed
and there were a couple of tables that had been created.

The INSTALL file instructed me to go to the MediaWiki root with a web browser
now - the message I got upon that was:

Warning: realpath() has been disabled for security reasons in
/../mediawiki/PHPTAL-NP-0.7.0/libs/PHPTAL/SourceResolver.php on line 54

Any ideas?

Thank in advance,
Thomas
mailto:thomas.tschoellitsch at stud.meduni-graz.at