[Mediawiki-l] "grab image" extension

D_C d3ntaku at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 06:45:43 UTC 2005

has anyone written a plugin that will allow me to grab images?

eg if i want to write something up now, about an image I see on the
web somewhere that may dissappear tmrw, i currently have to save the
image, then upload it, remember the [[image..] link text, go back edit
page etc.

instead:

<grab>http://domain/some.jpg</grab>

would on first time encountering the image copy it locally. next time
display it from the cache...

leaving aside the copyright question, i have seen this feature in other wikis.

Also is there a repository of mediaWiki extensions? A little googling
didnt seem to turn up a clear winner...just a few random things ppl
have done.

/dc
           David "DC" Collier
mobile business creator |モバイル・ビジネス・クリエーター
           dc at pikkle.com
           skype: d3ntaku
           http://www.pikkle.com
           +81 (0)90-7414-6107