[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki as a blog?

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:01:54 UTC 2005

On 12/30/05, Jeff Carr <jcarr at linuxmachines.com> wrote:
> A while back a developer posted:
>
> On 08/13/05 11:59, Sy <sy1234 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I designed a simple set of templates to allow weblog-style articles --
> > namely for permanent links and discussion.
> <snip>
> > http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/MediaWiki_as_a_weblog
> > http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/MediaWiki_calendar_templating

I'm still enjoying what I've done with that templating.  I agree that
some official support would be wonderful to see, but I'm going to
brace myself for "mediawiki is not a blog, if you want a blog you
should be using something else"  ;)

I think having that in mind is why I decided to do it myself.. it
works for a single-user environment right now, but it's also made to
be able to use different "styles" -- that style concept could be used
to support multiple users.

I understand there are a few extensions.. I wonder if it's feasible to
push to get one of those absorbed into the mainstream code..  I don't
even know how good any of the extensions are..