[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki as a blog?

Jeff Carr jcarr at linuxmachines.com
Fri Dec 30 20:57:33 UTC 2005

A while back a developer posted:

On 08/13/05 11:59, Sy <sy1234 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I designed a simple set of templates to allow weblog-style articles --
> namely for permanent links and discussion.
<snip>
> http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/MediaWiki_as_a_weblog
> http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/MediaWiki_calendar_templating

My email is just to request that a blog feature be added to MediaWiki.
Perhaps a blog link on each user's mail wiki page that can be enabled by
the site administrator? A bonus would be having a site-wide option to
make the blog's only editable by the blog owner.

When the Mozilla Foundation migrated developer.mozilla.org to the
MediaWiki, one of the things I noticed at the time was that they use
something else for the developer blogs. Perhaps if the MediaWiki had
this feature it could be used for everything?

Enjoy,
Jeff