[Mediawiki-l] Questions about customizing the interface

Titus, Jim JTitus at kgw.com
Sat Dec 31 00:17:25 UTC 2005

I'm having some strange problems customizing the interface. I apologize if
this has been asked before--I searched mediawiki.org and I would search the
mail list if there was an easy way to do it. I'm running Mediawiki 1.5.4.

The first problem:
I changed $wgLogo to point to my logo, but the default logo shows up if I'm
on the main page and not logged in. If I go to any other page I see the
custom logo. If I log in I see the custom logo even on the main page.

The second problem (possibly related to the first):
I edited MediaWiki:Sidebar but the default one shows up on the main page.
Any other page shows my edited MediaWiki:Sidebar. This is logged in or not.

Is there something magic about the main page that it doesn't display
changes?

--Jim Titus