[Mediawiki-l] 1.4.12 --> 1.5.4 update.php failure

Jeff Hubbs hubbsllc at comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 14:29:39 UTC 2005

I'm moving a wiki from one machine to another (both are Gentoo Linux).
I brought in MW 1.5.4 from CVS, dumped/restored the wikidb, moved over
my LocalSettings.php and images directory from my old machine and set
their permissions.  I placed the new machine's MySQL root username and
password in AdminSettings.php.  When I ran
.../mediawiki/maintenance/update.php, I get a nonexistent-table failure;
results are at http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/HAXWLN16.html.

There is no such table in the 1.4.12 machine's wikidb database.

Is this a problem with the update script or do I need to get the new
machine fully up and working under 1.4.12 before attempting to update it
to 1.5.4?

Jeff