[Mediawiki-l] Permissions

Mauro do Carmo mauro at carmo.ws
Thu Dec 22 02:16:35 UTC 2005

Hi ALL,

My Projet tends to use open editing philosophy to every one. However, I want
to do that gradually.

For now, I have restricted the editing option to only registered members by
adding this $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit']=false;

I am looking for restricting the access to create a new account, as
instance, as we can see in this address :
http://baoc.org/wiki?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Welcome .

I've tried to make some changes in Special:Userlogin.php, but always with no
success. I always get a blank page.

So, here goes my question: How can I change Special:Userloing in order to
get a page with just two box: name & password?

It seems very simple, but not for me. If you could even let me know which
block of code I have to take off, I would really appreciate.

Thanks, mauro.