[Mediawiki-l] Media WiKi - Newly added user database record is not recognized by MediaWik Web Interface

Piyush Varma pvarma at inventures.com
Tue Dec 20 20:42:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

I added several rows to the user table. The following fields were populated:

user_name, user_password, user_newpassword, user_real_name, and user_email.

When I try to log in MediaWiki using one of the user names, I receive the message:

There is no user by the name "Pritchie". Check your spelling, or use the form below to create a new user account.

But the "Pritchie" (user_name column value) exists in the user table.

What should I do please?

Thank you,

Piyush