[Mediawiki-l] Problem with a french special character

Cédric cedric at daneel.net
Tue Dec 20 17:52:34 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have installed mediawiki on http://wiki.placedusport2.com/ to give a
place for community work.
I had to export and reimport mysql data via phpmyadmin. All right,
except french spécial char "à" (a with an accent on top) wich appear as
"?" in every page.

I try to change this via a little script in wiki_cur and wiki_text
tables, but nothing work. Could anyone help me?
Sorry if the question was already asked, I have found nothing about this
problem.

Regards
Cédric

ps: here is the script

function Remplace($table, $champid, $champtext)
	{
	$res=mysql_query('select '.$champid.', '.$champtext.' from '.$table);
	while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($res))
		{
		//the string used as search string in str_replace is the one I can see
thought phpmyadmin in cur/old_text fields.
		$row[$champtext]=str_replace('�', utf8_encode('à'), $row[$champtext]);

		mysql_query('UPDATE '.$table.' SET
'.$champtext.'="'.mysql_escape_string($row[$champtext]).'" where
'.$champid.'='.$row[$champid]);
		}
	}