[Mediawiki-l] Change the Navigation Bar

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:55:08 UTC 2005

On 20/12/05, Vasiliadis, Thomas <T.Vasiliadis at schlemmerblock.de> wrote:
> Thince I am working with wikis, which is only a short time, I heard some people saying, that modifiing the DefaultSettings isn't a good idea, but nobody could tell me why, so I asked.

In case this is still unclear, DefaultSettings.php contains the
original settings distributed with the software (which may change on
upgrade), and LocalSettings.php contains your personalised values
which over-ride these (and won't be touched on upgrade). Basically,
keeping the two sets of settings separate makes keeping track of what
you've changed easier, and ensures that you won't accidentally delete
your settings when updating the defaults.

> And by the way, whats an OP?

"Original Poster"

--
Rowan Collins BSc