[Mediawiki-l] Re: Merging user data between IPB 1.3 and MediaWiki 1.5

shardsofmetal shardsofmetal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:10:48 UTC 2005

shardsofmetal wrote:
> I am trying to merge user data between IPB 1.3.1 and MediaWiki 1.5.
However, there are a couple things that I need to know.

> 1. How can I change the name of the session cookie used in MediaWiki.
       - This value can be found in the localsettings or
defaultsettings file.

> 2. Is there anywhere (like in the database) that MediaWiki stores the
session information for each user?
       - In the documentation folder the database schema is outlined,
if in doubt look at the database.

> 3. Where can I make edits to force MediaWiki to add info to another
database also when registering a user? (if necessary, I can move the
tables to the MediaWiki database, but I need to know how to make
MediaWiki add info to another table)
       - try the documentation otherwise follow the code

People are much more willing to help when it can be seen that you have
made some effort yourself; if you want to use this software it is
worthwhile looking around the documentation and understanding how it
works.

Thank you for your help. Just so that everyone knows, I did look around and
could not find these things. I checked SpecialUserLogin.php and
defaultsettings.php for these things, but could not find anything. However,
I will check again. I was just hoping that maybe somebody knew the specific
places where I could find this stuff, for example, the name of the variable
for the session cookie (if it is in a variable). If anybody knows anything
specific, please let me know. Thank you again for your help, shardsofmetal